Self-love looks different to everyone … but more often than not, we find ourselves pushing acts of self-love to the bottom of our to-do lists as they seem too time consuming or selfish.
The truth?! We need to show ourselves self-love! It doesn’t mean take an hour bath or do a face mask. There are other ways to shower yourself with love.
Try these 5 acts of self-love this week:
- Take yourself out to dinner!Buy yourself your favorite meal. Enjoy your favorite food … and savor it and know that you did that for YOU.
- Spend some time in the SUN. Soak up that Vitamin D and let the sun lift your spirits. Get out in nature! We spend too much time indoors - get out and relish in the fresh air!
- Call a friend you’ve been meaning to catch up with! Catching up with old friends is always the best medicine. Reminisce on your favorite memories and catch up on their current life! Reconnect away, babe!
- Find a drawer or cupboard that needs some TLC and clean it out.This is so satisfying, because not only might you find something that you have been looking for for ages, but you can also throw out the things that are just causing clutter. Donate a few items to someone in need or sell these things at a garage sale or market for some extra cash to treat yourself. Enjoy your new clean space Queen!
- Unplug from social media for the day!Social media can often be VERY LOUD in your life … and in your brain. Quiet down for the day and unplug. Release yourself from the Internet and allow yourself to be present. Clear your mind!